Senior Market Reporter (salary paid in Euros)
ICIS, a market-leading energy reporting service, is expanding with the opening of a new office in Düsseldorf. To support this, the company is hiring a market reporter to help drive coverage of the growing traded gas market in Germany and its neighboring markets. Writing business critical news coverage related to the German gas market for all ICIS publications
The role will be permanently based in Düsseldorf.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Assessing and analyzing German traded market prices
- Writing high-quality business critical news coverage related to the German gas market for all ICIS publications
- Building the company’s contacts and relationships with German energy stakeholders
- Attending industry events, conferences, press conferences as required
- training junior team members
- Working closely with colleagues in London to generate pan-European content
- Covering other European traded markets and news beats as the team requires
All applicants must have proven journalistic experience, preferably in commodity market coverage or financial journalism.
The successful candidate will be fluent in written and spoken German and English, demonstrate strong levels of accuracy and numeracy, and have the ability to work to strict deadlines.
Reed Business Information brings market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Reed Elsevier is a world leading provider of professional information in the Science, Medical, Legal, Risk and Business sectors.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to work within an expanding company that not only offers a competitive salary but also excellent benefits.