Key Account Manager – ICIS – Business Information Sales – Houston
ICIS is one of the world's leading providers of business critical pricing, news and data for the chemical, oil and energy industries. With the expansion of our business globally, new opportunities exist for experienced Technical Key Account Management professionals to join the team in sales in our London, Houston and Singapore offices.
Our global team of around 500 people based in London, Houston, Singapore, Shanghai, New York, Washington, Milan, Moscow and Mumbai strives to bring definitive global chemical intelligence.
ICIS is part of Reed Business Information (RBI), a division of Reed Business and a member of Reed Elsevier plc, the world's leading publisher and information provider.
Our rapidly developing online strategy focuses on meeting our user needs via community based information products & tools, data driven information services, vertical search products, including the leading B2B search engine, and online recruitment services. RBI is leading the B2B sector by developing innovative Web 2.0 online services and tools across a range of vertical markets, backed by established brands, investment in technology and a strong focus on user experience.
This position reports to the VP Key Account Sales and is responsible for developing and maintaining business relationships with key clients from the Chemical, Oil and Energy sectors. The territory and customer base is located within the Americas and also requires working within an international team to meet expectations.
Key responsibilities include
• Securing new subscriptions through consultation with existing and new clients.
• Creating new business through the identification and implementation of cross-selling and new product initiatives.
• Planning and execution of in person customer visits within the assigned territory, including customer presentations.
The successful candidate will have an education to degree level or equivalent work experience and have two plus years experience in a consultative sales. Fluent Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills will be considered an advantage.
• Experience in sales, marketing and /or data and analysis within the chemical industry
• Knowledge or experience within the chemical industry pr data and analytics business
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
• Strong work ethic including self motivation with energy and ambition
• Ability to work independently with a positive attitude
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package that will provide you with significant opportunities and advantages. You may choose from a wide menu of options including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), health savings and flexible spending accounts, paid time off, and paid holidays. You are eligible for many of our health benefits from your first day of employment.