ICIS is the world’s largest information provider for the petrochemical, oil and energy industries. We aim to help companies in global commodity markets improve their revenues and profits by providing high quality, timely, commercially useful information, business leads and brand positioning across the globe.
Our global team of around 600 people based in London, Houston, Singapore, Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, Yantai, Milan, Washington, New York, Montpellier, Dusseldorf, Mumbai, Tokyo and Perth, strives to bring you definitive global chemical intelligence.
ICIS is part of Reed Business Information (RBI), a division of Reed Business and a member of Reed Elsevier plc, the world's leading publisher and information provider.
ICIS is seeking to recruit a telesales executive to join its experienced sales team in Singapore; primarily responsible for driving the new business development of ICIS Pricing and News in countries in Asia.
You will need to be a motivated and energetic individual, with experience in data subscription sales. Working well in a team environment is essential and you should have ambitions to succeed in a multi-national company.
Additional skills required include:
• Spoken and written Arabic and English – mandatory
• A pleasant and professional telephone manner and the ability to maintain and update contact databases.
Previous sales experience in data or market intelligence will be considered an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Able to sell effectively over the telephone
• People orientated, excellent listening skills
• Able to build relationships over the telephone
• Able to build relationships both external and internal
• Able to acquire an effective working knowledge of journal, market and customers
• Good time management
• Strong organisational ability
• PC literate
• Commercial acumen
• Demonstrable understanding of sales proposition
• Multi-tasking/deadline oriented
• Highly motivated
• Knowledge of data/information services
• Experience with CRM systems
Reed Business Information brings market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Reed Elsevier is a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.
We offer an excellent salary with a very attractive sales commission structure, medical and dental cover, and a vacation package of 20 days per annum.