Analyst – ICIS Consulting
ICIS Consulting, a business division within ICIS, focuses on helping our international clients with single client and multi-client projects in strategic planning, market entry studies, conducting primary research, supply chain analysis & solutions, manufacturing economics and merger & acquisition practices. Starting with initial acquisition of consulting companies in China and in Italy, we have since grown rapidly with addition of experienced hires in London, Singapore and Houston.
ICIS is the world's largest petrochemical market information provider. ICIS also has fast-growing energy and fertilizer divisions. We aim to help companies in these markets improve their revenues and profits by providing high quality, timely, commercially valuable information, strategic consulting insights, business leads and brand positioning across the globe. Our global team based in London, Houston, Singapore, Milan, New York, Washington, San Francisco, Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Moscow, Mumbai, Perth, Brisbane and Melbourne strives to bring definitive global chemical and energy market intelligence to our customers.
This role will contribute to the fast growing Consulting business through rigorous and systematic construction, maintenance & analysis of regional supply & demand fundamentals, pricing information and market developments. The opportunity offers considerable career potential and ICIS Consulting is looking for an enthusiast to carefully progress this opportunity and deliver excellent results to our clients.
• Undertaking research into a range of petrochemical and energy markets
• Maintaining databases of petrochemical and energy products, including demand, production, plant capacities, projects, trade and prices
• Helping prepare regular client reports covering short, medium and long term developments in petrochemical and energy markets
• Contributing to the design, construction and running of margin and forecast models across a range of petrochemical and energy products
• Assisting in the forecast of market fundamentals and prices across a range of petrochemical and energy products
• Working closely with our independent Editorial and News teams globally to update databases
• Supporting consultants in the execution of projects
Key skills required:
• Strong initiative and willingness to learn in an information business environment
• Skilled in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel & PowerPoint and willingness to learn new applications
• Excellent analytical, verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
• High proficiency in written and spoken English – additional language skills a plus
• Ability to rationalise, solve and communicate answers to complex problems
• Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple assignments
• Good degree (2.1 UK minimum or equivalent elsewhere) in an engineering or science discipline (preferably chemical engineering or chemistry) or economics
• Experience of the petrochemical or refining industries gained with an industrial player or other research/consultancy organisation would be an advantage.
Reed Business Information brings market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Reed Elsevier is a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.
ICIS Benefits Package:
• Per company policy for the region