ICIS Consulting, a business division within ICIS, focuses on helping our international clients with single client and multi-client projects in strategic planning, market entry studies, conducting primary research, supply chain analysis & solutions, manufacturing economics and merger & acquisition practices. Starting with initial acquisition of consulting companies in China and in Italy, we have since grown rapidly with addition of experienced hires in London, Singapore and Houston.
ICIS is the world's largest petrochemical market information provider. ICIS also has fast-growing energy and fertilizer divisions. We aim to help companies in these markets improve their revenues and profits by providing high quality, timely, commercially valuable information, strategic consulting insights, business leads and brand positioning across the globe. Our global team based in London, Houston, Singapore, Milan, New York, Washington, San Francisco, Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Moscow, Mumbai, Perth, Brisbane and Melbourne strives to bring definitive global chemical and energy market intelligence to our customers.
We are now looking to recruit a team contributor to drive our polyolefins business area through rigorous and systematic management, maintenance & analysis of regional supply & demand fundamentals, pricing information and market developments. The opportunity offers considerable career potential and ICIS Consulting is looking for an enthusiast to carefully progress this opportunity and deliver excellent results to our clients.
The position will be based in our Singapore office.
• Supervising and undertaking research into a range of petrochemical and energy markets, with a specific focus on polyolefins
• Forecasting of market fundamentals, prices and margins across a range of petrochemical and energy products, with a specific focus on polyolefins
• Supervising preparation of regular client reports covering short, medium and long term developments in petrochemical and energy markets with a specific focus on polyolefins
• Taking part in single client consultancy projects including presenting findings to clients
• Discussing consulting needs with clients, preparing and presenting proposals to clients
• Developing relationships with consulting clients to foster repeat and complimentary business
• Participating in industry events to network with potential clients
• Exercising thought leadership across the petrochemical and refining sectors, with a specific focus on polyolefins
Key skills required:
• Sound knowledge of the global petrochemicals industry and of the polyolefins business in particular, including key industry trends, structures and strategic issues
• Proven experience of working in project teams and the ability to work effectively across culturally diverse teams
• Ability to plan own work ensuring short and medium term objectives are met
• Ability to ensure that projects are delivered within budget and on time.
• Strong initiative and willingness to learn in an information business environment
• Skilled in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel & PowerPoint and willingness to learn new applications
• Ability to present and communicate ideas and solutions to clients
• Excellent analytical, verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
• High proficiency in written and spoken English – additional language skills a plus
• Ability to rationalise, solve and communicate answers to complex problems
• Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple assignments
• Knowledge of the polyolefins and petrochemical industries and the interface with refining gained from 3-5 years of experience with an industrial player or other research/consultancy organisation
• Good degree in an engineering or science discipline (preferably chemical engineering or chemistry) or economics
Reed Business Information brings market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Reed Elsevier is a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.
ICIS Benefits Package:
• Per company policy