Senior DevOps Engineer / Systems Engineer - AWS / Puppet / PowerShell / CI / GIT (Stash) / TeamCity / MSBuild / MSDeploy / DBDeploy – RBI Global Media (FTSE100 Elsevier Group)
Reed Business Information are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer / Systems Engineer with a forward thinking attitude and a passion for innovation. If you haven’t heard of RBI before we’re a global digital media and data provider and currently the fourth largest digital paid content provider in the world behind Google, Bloomberg, and China Telecom; we’re also listed within the world’s top-100 ‘online superpowers’ and are a larger ‘big data’ provider than IBM. RBI is also part of the FTSE100 listed Reed Elsevier media and publishing group.
This vacancy is for a Senior DevOps Engineer and will be working with one of our flagship brands, a global data business with leading edge technology at it’s heart and a culture of innovation and creativity that allows it to deliver truly game-changing products. You’ll be working in a growing team of specialist engineers within a fast paced and highly dynamic web development group with a commitment to continuous improvement and the adoption of new tools/technologies/practices.
Responsibilities will include:
• Manage the build/deployment pipelines across all ICIS products
• Manage the provisioning/building/configuring/maintenance of environments using automation where possible.
• Manage workload / team priorities
• Line management of four engineers
• Keep abreast of new developments in the provisioning / configuration / deployment / monitoring of environments to help shape our DevOps roadmap
Skills-wise we use and are seeking all or most of the following:
• AWS / Puppet / PowerShell
• CI / GIT (Stash) / TeamCity / MSBuild / MSDeploy / DBDeploy
• IIS / Apache / MS SQL Server
• Development background advantageous
We offer best-of-both-worlds opportunities, all of the technology, innovation, flexibility, collaboration and pace of a dynamic dotcom but with the investment, stability, benefits, and career opportunities afforded by a billion dollar global business. We are dedicated to offering flexible working practices and superb work-life balance (including 29 days holiday) and are committed to offering outstanding training and career development opportunities that are tailored specifically to you.