LNG MARKET REPORTER (salary paid in Singaporean dollars)
ICIS, part of Reed Business Information and a leading provider of information on energy markets, is looking for an LNG market reporter to join its global editorial team. The position is based in the ICIS Singapore office.
The successful applicant will be a reporter with proven experience covering Asian energy or financial markets. Other business reporting experience would be considered. Asian language proficiency would be considered an advantage.
In addition to assessing LNG price movements daily, the right candidate will be expected to source off-diary news stories, write feature stories for a weekly publication, raise ICIS brand profile and attend industry events around the region.
• Accurate assessment of market prices in line with methodology
• Produce quality news consistently for own beat
• Grow industry knowledge, profile and contact base
• Manage personal workload to allow time for training and coaching of self and others
Key Skills Required:
• High level of numeracy
• Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with a global team
• Excellent written ability, editing skills an advantage
• Inter-personal skills for contact building.
• Fluency in English. Competence in other Asian languages an advantage.
• Demonstrable journalism experience
• Bachelors degree (preferably in journalism or economics)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of traded energy markets (desirable)
The successful candidate will enjoy a friendly and dynamic working environment as part of a global team, plus opportunities for travel, a generous leave entitlement and other benefits.
ICIS will consider London-based applications who would be prepared to relocate
ICIS is part of Reed Business Information, the business-to-business publishing division of Reed Elsevier PLC.
At Reed Business Information we provide information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global brands hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI people are driven by an environment focussed on innovation, passion for our products, and collaboration, where working in an agile manner is par for the course. RBI is part of Reed Elsevier, a leading global provider of data, information and solutions for professional customers.