Following the acquisition by ICIS in 2013, Tschach Solutions has grown rapidly and invested heavily in growing its team of analysts and journalists. Tschach is a leading emissions and power markets data & research provider, serving a wide array of companies across Europe. Tschach Solutions provides cutting-edge data, modeling results and written analysis to key decision makers in trading and policy, including all major power utilities in Europe and the European Commission.
Due to our rapid expansion, Tschach Solutions has an exciting position available for an Analyst Power Markets, based in Karlsruhe, Germany.
Tschach Solutions is looking for a bright, analytically skilled and fast-learning individual. As an Analyst at Tschach Solutions you will join our dedicated analysts team in developing our product coverage for power markets in Europe, including model building and analytics of the market and politics. Therefore, you will:
• Develop new market models for essential European power markets, focusing on market interconnections and cross border flows
• Enhance our expertise on the impact of connections and market coupling on European power markets
• Update and improve Tschach Solutions’ power models and fundamental data
• Deliver written analysis ad hoc and in longer reports
• Be in active contact with market participants and represent Tschach Solutions on fairs & conferences
• Knowledge in energy markets and strong motivation for power markets, Practical experience in power markets and/or modeling is desired
• Affinity to market modeling and handling datasets
• Ability to identify and understand market drivers
• Good communication skills in English – both oral and in writing
• Analytical and quantitative background, university degree in relevant area
• A positive working environment in a dynamic and motivated team
• Flexibility and trust as part of our corporate culture
• Active involvement in conceptual and strategic decisions and responsibility from the start.
Start date: As soon as possible
At Reed Business Information we provide information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global brands hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI people are driven by an environment focussed on innovation, passion for our products, and collaboration, where working in an agile manner is par for the course. RBI is part of Reed Elsevier, a leading global provider of data, information and solutions for professional customers.