Associate Consultant, Asia - ICIS Consulting - Singapore
ICIS Consulting, a business division within ICIS, focuses on helping our international clients with single client and multi-client projects in strategic planning, market entry studies, conducting primary research, supply chain analysis & solutions, manufacturing economics and merger & acquisition practices. Starting with initial acquisition of consulting companies in China and in Italy, we have since grown rapidly with added experienced hires in London, Singapore and in Houston.
ICIS is the world’s largest information provider for the chemical and oil industry. We aim to help companies in global commodity markets improve their revenues and profits by providing high quality, timely, commercially useful information, strategic consulting insights, business leads and brand positioning across the globe. Our global team based in London, Houston, Singapore, New York, Washington, San Francisco, Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Moscow, Mumbai, Perth, Brisbane and Melbourne strives to bring definitive global chemical and energy market intelligence to our customers.
Reed Business Information brings market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information Ltd is part of Reed Elsevier, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors
This role will support the fast growing consulting business through a rigorous and systematic construction of, maintenance & analysis of regional supply & demand databases, pricing information and market developments. This opportunity offers considerable growth potential and ICIS Consulting is looking for an enthusiast to carefully progress this opportunity and deliver appropriate results to our customers.
- Designing, building and running margin models across a range of geographies and commodity petrochemical products
- Validating models and outputs
- Testing and calibrating outputs with third party data providers and customers
- Interpreting of business models and driving insightful contributions to all ICIS market channels
- Documenting and maintaining methodologies and driving product quality
- Driving initiatives to build & reconcile Asia supply & demand database with the rest of global teams
- Work closely with Editorial and News teams globally to update databases
- Attend client meetings to better understand consulting value proposition
- Develop relationships with consulting clients to foster repeat business.
- Participate in industry events to network with potential clients, where appropriate.
- Discuss consulting needs with clients, prepare and present proposals to clients.
- Support consultants in their research and consulting projects
- Generate options & concepts
- Work alongside consulting team to prepare project proposals and bid documents in Word and/or PowerPoint
Project Delivery/ Project Management
- Plan own work ensuring short and medium term objectives are met.
- Communicate with Consulting colleagues to ensure appropriate resourcing of projects.
- Ensure the on-track progress of the project in relation to the plan.
- Ensure that projects are delivered within budget and on time.
Key skills required:
- Proven experience of working in project teams and the ability to work effectively across culturally diverse teams.
- Strong initiative and willingness to learn in an information business environment
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel & PowerPoint and willingness to learn new applications
- Excellent analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong Mandarin language capability will be a huge advantage
- Ability to rationalise, solve and communicate answers to complex problems
- Ability and desire to see and appreciate the big picture in chemical business
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple assignments
- Knowledge of the energy industry, in particular the downstream sector. Refining and/or petrochemical experience would be valuable. Financial experience is not essential but would be beneficial.
- Engineering or Science degree, ideally Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- Ideally industry experience with exposure to technical, planning, operations , commercial, and/or finance areas
- Proven analytical and communication skills.