Key Account Manager – ICIS – Houston
ICIS Energy is looking for an experienced Key Account Manager for our office in Houston. The position will focus on key accounts and new business opportunities within Canada the United States and Latin America.
The key responsibilities within this role include:
- To secure subscriptions through consultation with new and existing clients through understanding their requirements and how we can assist them to help achieve their goals.
- Focus on existing client base to identify cross & up-sell opportunities.
- Plan and execute successful face-to-face sales trips to existing and prospective clients, promoting the range of information and services ICIS Heren provide.
- Create new business opportunities through cold calling.
- Report regular updates to management team in London & Houston.
- Attend industry related events across the territory.
A good understanding of the Global energy industry (specifically LNG, natural gas, crude, power & carbon) and its markets would be an advantage to the successful applicant.
Other skills required for this role are:
- A clear understanding of the sales process, and will have proven experience of uncovering and comprehending the needs of customers and establishing value.
- Professional attitude and excellent presentation skills
- An ability to build and maintain strong, lasting business relationships with clients through excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent cold calling technique and a talent for creating new business opportunities.
- Good computer skills, with the ability to understand Data modelling, FTP feeds, ETRM systems and their application within the industry.
- Flexible and imaginative approach to challenges of reaching an extensive prospect base.
- The ability to fit into an advanced and highly skilled Global sales team.
ICIS Energy is part of Reed Business Information (RBI), who provide data services, information and marketing solutions to business professionals and around the World.
Reed Business Information brings market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Reed Elsevier is a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.
We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package that will provide you with significant opportunities and advantages. You may choose from a wide menu of options including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), retirement benefits, flexible spending accounts, vacation, sick, personal, and holiday time. You are eligible for many of our health benefits from your first day of employment.